Become a Member US
As the most important collection of Italian Renaissance sculpture, the Bargello serves as a touchstone for academic inquiry and research, and as such The Friends of the Bargello strive to facilitate the relationship between students of art history and the collections of the Bargello. Through our instigation of the FoB Fellowship program, and with this invitation to Student Membership, we wish to embrace and encourage academic involvement and curiosity with the museum.
A Student Membership in the Friends of the Bargello comes with the following directed incentives;
- Joining the FoB as a Student permits an on going invitation to all FoB funded seminars, lectures and object handling sessions, both at the Bargello, and those hosted in various locations in the USA and the UK.
- Additionally, a Student Membership permits a 10% discount on all Bargello museum publications sold through the museum bookshop.
Please provide proof of your student status along with your membership application form.
Corporate Memberships are vital to the impact that the Friends of the Bargello wish to make across those industries of trade, preservation and the edification of the arts.
As a means of encouragement, the FoB offers a per annum fee range to best suit varying businesses, and hopes that through a committed membership you will consider the many ways that we can discuss bespoke highly visible opportunities for your business to support the FoB; such as museum publications, exhibitions or sponsorship of a seminar or lecture series.
Corporate Members are invited to select between the following membership levels;
Patrons membership – see button below for more information
Medici membership = $5,000
della Rovere membership = $3,000
Carrand membership = $1,000
Corporate Members can enjoy each of the incentives currently offered through the Friends of the Bargello, and in addition;
The inclusion of two employees of the business at any FoB event throughout the year.
(If more than two employees are interested in attending events, they would be encouraged to apply for individual memberships.)
A Patron is a member of the Friends of the Bargello, who makes a generous annual donation that will be used toward the various targeted campaigns outlined within our web site. It is through the generosity of the Patrons that the FoB can make substantial headway toward the most critical areas of initial improvement; including all areas of visitor experiences; a professional photographic campaign of the collections; and updated museum publications.
Along with the Founding Patrons, the Patrons group will collectively serve as the keystone to the financial development of the Friends of the Bargello, a position that is essential to the development of our resources and overall impact of our mission of support for the Museo Nazionale del Bargello.
The Patrons can enjoy each of the incentives currently offered through the Friends of the Bargello, and in addition;
- Behind Closed Doors An itinerary developed on a bespoke basis for small groups within the Founding Patrons and Patrons band of membership. Together with the Patron, the office of the FoB will facilitate and schedule opportunities for viewing private collections in and around Florence not open to the general public, hosted dinners within private palazzos, and personalised lectures by respected art historians and curators within iconic churches of Florence.
A Founding Patron is an inaugural member to the Friends of the Bargello, and defined by a firm passionate and financial commitment to our purposes to sustain, elevate and promote the museum. It is through the Founding Patron’s confidence and investment at the genesis of our development that the FoB is permitted to build and gain the momentum necessary to incite its mission.
The Founding Patrons are the heart of the Friends of the Bargello; providing a vital foundation and a dependable income, while defining and encouraging others by their devoted example.
The Founding Patrons can enjoy each of the incentives currently offered through the Friends of the Bargello, and in addition;
- Bargello Nights A unique and exclusive opportunity for a Founding Patron to reserve the museum space for a private party. (Certain restrictions will apply, and details will be outlined in full by the FoB office.)
Founding Patrons membership = $25,000
Trusts and Foundations
The Friends of the Bargello is set up to work in close collaboration with charitable trusts and foundations to deliver impactful and meaningful projects across key long-term purposeful and imperative campaigns.
Initial areas that the FoB would target the support of Trusts and Foundations;
- Photographic Campaign; a crucial and foundational campaign which sets out to professionally photograph the collections of the Bargello.
- Digitalisation; this vital campaign runs in tandem to the photographic campaign, as it sets out to organise the image library digitally for use in museum publications and in order to make the Bargello’s important holdings accessible worldwide via the internet; setting the museum on a stage deserving of the collections and in line with other museums of equal importance.
- Museology; this long term capitol campaign is committed to improving the visitor experience at the Bargello in all areas of display, conservation and didactics.
These key areas are crucial to The Friends of the Bargello’s aim to raise public awareness of the Bargello and to finally establish a recognisable and deserving visual profile for the museum.
To discuss the specific involvement of a Trust or Foundation, please contact the Friends of the Bargello, Vice President and Director, Katherine Zock on
+44 (0) 7595 217 945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Friends of the Bargello invite varying levels of membership to encourage as many as possible to join our mission to promote and sustain one of the world’s most important museums. The Friends of the Bargello invite varying levels of membership to encourage as many as possible to join our mission to promote and sustain one of the world’s most important museums.